Rummy is one of the most entertaining card games with a huge following all across the country. Playing Rummy is a great mental exercise that challenges your skills and helps you sharpen your focus and decision-making ability.
Table of contents:
- Rules of Rummy
- How to play Rummy
- Variants of Rummy
- Why should you check online Rummy sites reviews
Rules of Rummy
- Rummy is played with 2 or 3 decks of cards (depending on the variant of the game). In a standard deck of 52 playing cards, there are four suits (hearts, clubs, diamonds, and spades). Each suit contains 13 cards – Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, and King. The Ace card can be considered as a number card or a face card.
- Rummy can be played between a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 players.
- To win in the game, the player needs to arrange the in-hand cards in valid sequences/sets and declare.
- Sequences can be pure or impure. A pure sequence is a combination of 3 or 4 consecutive cards of the same suit without Joker. The impure sequence is 3 or 4 cards of the same suit using Joker.
- Set is 3 or 4 cards of the same rank.
- Each card has a value that is assigned in points, for example – a 9 card has a value of 9 points. Ace and all other face cards Ace have a value of 10 points.
How to play Rummy
The rules to play Rummy are quite simple to learn. At the beginning of the game, every player is dealt with a certain number of cards (as per the variant). After the card dealing, the remaining cards are placed face-down on the table, to form the closed stock. The top card of the stock is placed face-up on the table, to form the open pile. On your turn to act, you need to draw one card from the closed stack or the open pile and discard one card in the open pile. To make a declaration, you have to arrange the in-hand cards in sequences and sets. It is essential to have at least one pure sequence to declare the game. The other sequences/sets can be pure or impure. If your declaration is correct, you win the game.
Variants of Rummy
Here are the most popular variants of the classic card game-
13 Card Rummy
13 Card Rummy, also known as “Paplu”, requires 2 decks of 52 cards with 2 Jokers. Every player is dealt with 13 cards. Every player has to draw one card from the stock or discard pile and discard one in-hand card at each turn. All 13 cards need to be arranged in valid sets/sequences as per declaration rules. The objective of the game is to arrange one pure sequence without Joker. Other sequences can be impure with Joker cards.
21 Card Rummy
21 Card Rummy is another popular Rummy variant. It requires 3 decks to play and players are dealt 21 cards. Players have to arrange their cards in sequences and sets and earn the highest points to declare and win the game. At the beginning of the game, a random card is selected as the wild card. All cards of the same value become a wild card in that game. Wild cards can be used to replace the missing cards in a set. There is no limit on how many wild cards can be used to create the impure sequence/sets.
Pool Rummy is very similar to 13 Card Rummy. It can be played in different formats like 101 pool, 201 pool, and best of three. The objective of the game is to score minimum points to win. The winner will get zero points in each round. The player who reaches the elimination points of 101 or 201 will leave the game.
Marriage Rummy is an interesting variant of Rummy. It requires 3 decks of regular 52 cards with 2 Jokers. The important feature of this variant is value cards. A player can earn good points with value cards even if he loses full hand in the game. After the distribution of cards to the players, a random card is selected as the Joker and all cards of the same rank are considered as Jokers (cut-Joker). If 5 of clubs is considered as cut-Joker, then 4 and 6 of clubs will be called as value cards. If a player has all these 3 cards, it will be called a “marriage” hand.
Why should you check online Rummy sites reviews?
To ensure choosing the best online Rummy app to play with real money, it is important to read online reviews to know about the below-mentioned features of the platform –
- Game Interface: Reviews help you find out whether the gaming interface of the site is user-friendly or not. There are several platforms that offer innovative features such as easy navigation, attractive color themes, 3D tables, avatars, etc to ensure players have an enjoyable playing experience.
- Promotions: By checking Rummy app reviews, you can get all the information about the promotions the top Rummy sites are running. You should select only that platform to create an account that rewards players via bonuses, loyalty programs, referral rewards, deposit deals, etc.
- Banking options: The deposit and withdrawal process should be easy, safe, and confidential. The platform must adhere to strict security measures to ensure that the players can make financial transactions to play games without any worries.
- Customer support: Before making your choice, it is recommended to check how friendly the customer support service is and how efficiently it handles players’ queries related to gameplay, transactions, and withdrawal requests.
Although there are lots of online Rummy review sites in India, you should trust only that platform that offers you unbiased ratings and honest recommendations focused on your requirements and expectations. At cashgamereviews, you can get accurate information about the quality of service and features of different sites. It is the best way to compare what the platforms have to offer and discover the perfect platform to satisfy your gaming needs.